GAMUT THEATRE GROUP SEASON 27 AUDITIONS
MISSION AND INCLUSIVITY
All actors regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, and/or disability are encouraged to apply. Gamut Theatre is an ADA-accessible facility, and we will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations to facilitate access, such as allowing interpreters when necessary and providing audition materials in advance to artists with disabilities. Gamut Theatre Group’s mission is to tell classic stories in new and exciting ways. Our vision is a world where all people cherish classic stories and share them with future generations. If you are an actor who believes in our mission and shares our vision, please audition for Gamut Theatre’s Season 27!
PLAYS AND COMPENSATION:
Gamut Theatre Group will be holding general open auditions for Season 27. All roles are available and compensated for the following productions:
"The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" by Joseph Robinette
Based on the story by C.S. Lewis
Directed by Melissa Nicholson
Performance Dates: November 15 – December 8, 2019*
* Note: there is no performance on Saturday, November 16
Rehearsals begin September 2019
"An Enemy of the People" by Henrik Ibsen
Adapted by Arthur Miller
Directed by F. L. Henley, Jr.
Performance Dates: February 29 - March 15, 2020
Rehearsals begin December 2019
Actors receive a one-time stipend at the close of the show. Amount of stipend varies pending size of role.
Additionally, ensemble members from Gamut’s Stage Door Series will be observing auditions for casting consideration of their upcoming adaptations of Shirley Jackson’s "The Lottery,"
W.W. Jacobs’ "The Monkey’s Paw," and Jules Verne’s "Journey to the Center of the Earth."
Stage Door Series productions are non-paid, volunteer projects that support and expand Gamut Theatre’s mission.
Auditions will be held on Tuesday, July 30, Wednesday July 31, and Thursday August 1 starting at 7:00 p.m.
Out of Town Auditions will be 11:00 a.m. Saturday August 3 for "An Enemy of the People" and Sunday August 4 for "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe."
Callbacks for "An Enemy of the People" will be Saturday August 3 from 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Callbacks for "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" will be Sunday August 4 from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Callbacks for the Stage Door Series will be determined as needed.
Auditions will be held at Gamut Theatre Group, 15 N Fourth Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101.
Street parking is free after 5:00 PM and all day Sunday. Four hours of free parking on Saturdays can be obtained by downloading the ParkMobile app on your smart phone and
using the code LUVHBG.
• Present one memorized classical monologue that is not Shakespeare, 1 to 2 minutes in length. If auditioning for both "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" and "An Enemy of the People," you may provide a monologue for each. Total audition package no more than 3 minutes.
• Bring a headshot (head and shoulders photo) and a resume.
• Actors audition in groups of up to six in a 30-minute period and may be asked to stay an additional 30-60 minutes to read sides. Actors may be asked to attend callback auditions.
• Plan to arrive 30 minutes before scheduled audition time to fill out paperwork.
• Bring a detailed schedule to fill out any potential rehearsal conflicts.
• All auditions must be scheduled in advance; walk-ins are not accepted.
• If auditioning for "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe," we are interested in any special skills you might have, including but not limited to: dance, music – singing and/or playing instruments, juggling, magic, stage combat skills. Please list special skills with your audition materials and be prepared to demonstrate if asked.
Please do not send personal messages concerning acting roles to our staff. Audition questions and scheduling can be directed to our Resident Theatre Manager at 717-238-4111 or email@example.com. Check www.gamuttheatre.org/auditions for updated information as it becomes available.
There are mainstage roles available for student actors.
"The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe:" two females and two males, age range 10 – 18 years old.
"An Enemy of the People:" two males, age range 10 – 14 years old.
Student actors must be available for all scheduled performances and a majority of the rehearsal period. Student actors must present an audition monologue, headshot, and resume as outlined in the AUDITION REQUIREMENTS above. Student actors under the age of 18 must have parental approval to audition and must have a parent or guardian sign the audition paperwork.
Young Acting Company’s Cinderella by Sean Adams
Directed by Melissa Nicholson, featuring students ages 8 – 18
Performance Dates: April 3 – 5, 2020
Auditions: January 9 – 11, 2020
Free Shakespeare in the Park presents: Euripides’ Medea
Directed by Clark Nicholson
Performance Dates: June 5 – 20, 2020
Auditions: March 18 - 21, 2020
The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe Audition Sides
Don’t Panic. Side D was removed. :)